Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Quilt Done

I finally got this baby quilt finished. And just in time. I finished the binding on Saturday night, and the baby shower was Sunday afternoon. This is for my 3rd grandchild, due June 8. My son, Brandon, and his wife, Diane, didn't want to know the sex of the baby ahead of time, so the color theme is "Creme Brulee" . The backing is white minkie and it feels so good. Diana didn't want any cutesie pictures or pattern. She just wanted the color blocks and I think it looks sophisticated and babyish at the same time.


Here's a closer view.
Now, back to knitting the cute little onesie. I went with blue, pink, and mint green for that.

2 comments:

  1. I agree... I like the color choice. Soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love the creme brulee idea! I made a bowtie quilt for my now five year old grandson when he was one. It is in blues and creams. Now I have a new granddaughter. I loved to quilt, but arthritis from surgeries due to a car accident has put a kink in that somewhat. So I'm wondering what to do about the five month old... Quilting is such a contemplative, tranquil art. I remember sitting at quilting bees with old and young alike, stitching away at a communal quilt. A wonderful ritual. Now I mostly garden. Oh, and rearrange the house!
    http://cozylittlehouse.blogspot.com
    http://viewfromthepines.com
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete