Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Making Progress

I've put myself on a semi-time schedule and it has helped me stay a little more organized and not feel so overwhelmed.  I actually wrote down a weekly schedule so I have particular things I need to get done each day.  Such as:  Monday is laundry and ironing day.  Tuesday is the day I send out mailers for my husband's business, etc.  Then I have a daily schedule where I give myself so many hours on the computer, so many hours updating my Etsy site, so much blogging time, etc., and I don't allow myself on the computer after 8 pm.  From 8 pm until I get tired I work in my sewing room on my projects while I watch TV.  Of course, this can all vary slightly when grandkids are here, or the phone rings, or someone shows up at the door.  Anyway, it's still helped me a lot. 
I got Riley's pink sweater done Monday night.  It turned out pretty good.

 I haven't seen it on her yet, but I think it will fit now.  Riley and Dee got here Tuesday and it is so nice to see them and to hold that beautiful little granddaughter again.

I listed my first pincushion on Etsy today.  I finished another one that I made out of a little antique china shoe.  It's so cute.  I know it's hard to tell from a picture, but this is only about 2" x 4".


I did make it to the flea market on Saturday and found several tea cups for more pincushions.  I got this little shoe there, too. 
I'm not sure if I'm going to knit tonight or make a tea cup pincushion.  Maybe a little of both.  First I have to look up the TV Guide and then get myself settled in.  My favorite time of the day.  Watch TV, get a snack, and do my thing.

2 comments:

  1. I love the little sweater! I think I need to learn how to knit. The pin cushion is so pretty. I can't wait to see more! I've been thinking about writing out a schedule. I get distracted so easily that nothing gets finished. I'm anxious to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina! The sweater you made is beautiful, and I love the sweet little china shoe pincushion you made! It's nice that you found more teacups to create even more pretty things such as you have been! It seems the buzz around Blogland is that a good MANY of us made out well at sales this past weekend, finding all kinds of treasures that make our hearts pitter patter!.... ~tina

    ReplyDelete