Monday, August 10, 2009

Etsy is Up and Running

Finally! I did it! I've been thinking about it and talking about it and making things for quite a while now. Then I procrastinated on actually doing it. Getting an Etsy site. For any of you that don't know what this is, it's a site to buy and sell anything handmade. There are some amazing things on this site for sale and some very talented people. I think that's why I hesitated so long. Everything on there looks so nice and professional, I hope mine measures up. So I decided to take the leap and we'll see what happens. It's been fun, even if I don't sell anything.
I've put up a link on the sidebar of both my blog sites if you would like to check it out. I hope to have more items on there this week. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I figure I just needed to jump in and learn and improve as I go. In addition to my mini quilts, I plan on putting up some knitted items and probably aprons. The aprons I question because some of the other sites showing aprons are selling them for so little that I don't know if it's worth it if I keep my prices the same as some of these other ones. I'll have to think on this.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely etsy shop & creation. May you be blessed with a ton of sales. Good job. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shop is cute, that must have taken a lot of work to get it set up. I will be watching to see what else you add.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. People will pay for quality. Don't price low if yours are better made.

    Glad you got it up and running. I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! I just took a peek. Very nice, professional looking description, nice pics. You're on your way girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely check it out! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Nina!!!I am happy for you,you are so talented and i think you will be selling in no time at all.I have been itching to start my shop on ebay,i want to sell some small items,candle stands/lanterns...there is so many lovely things here that i can sell,working on it.

    I was having problems getting to my site so i couldn't come around.Will come soon.

    ReplyDelete