Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Listed, finished and new


I just listed another item on Etsy. This little "Tea for Two" mini framed quilt really is very cute. I struggle with whether or not to sell some of my things. I can't use them or display them all and I keep making new things, but I become very attached to my creations.
I also finished this Market Bag. I sort of customized it so it could be used for a knitting carry all bag. A few girls at my knit shop said they would like something that they could attach to themselves, to hold their knitting, that they could actually walk around while they knit. So I made a pocket that I attached to the inside made out of a batik fabric that velcros closed. This can hold small items or scissors and knitting needles. Attached at the top of the bag by the shoulder strap is a charm clip that holds charm stitch markers. Then I put two snaps at the top of the bag. The shoulder strap stays on your shoulder since it's a yarn and not slippery. It works better over your head and shoulder. I've tried it out and it works well.

The latest item I've started is this little knitted rainbow beanie hat. It's made from a thin wool on size 6 needles. I think it's going to be very cute. I love little hats in late fall and winter.


As the nights get longer and the weather gets cooler, I get more done.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I am SO checking out your Etsy store right now! I just love your wonderful creations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't show us the bottom this time... Is it different than the body? Lately, I've been carrying my ugliest purse. But it has a really long strap to put over my head and shoulder. It's great to hang it in front... handy to reach in, and it never slips off. So I like that in your bag. Put that in your ad.

    I just love the quilt and pillows in your title box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina,

    Thank you for your nice comment you left on my blog.

    I am browsing your blog and I saw in your shop the framed miniatures ! They are just wonderful !

    Happy quilting,
    Geta

    ReplyDelete