Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Stuff


I put another mini framed quilt on Etsy today. I'm getting the hang of this Etsy thing, but it's taking a lot of my time. I know I'll get a better understanding of it as I go. Pictures are a major part of it. I just downloaded a free photo editing site called Piknik and have played around with it a little bit. It seems to be a little friendlier to use than Paint.Net, which I've been using.
I also tried to design and print my own business cards today and I got the design part done and they look really cute, but my printer (HP Inkjet) wouldn't feed the business card stock correctly and I wasted several sheets of that. I think tomorrow I'll go into Staples and see if they can print them for me. I get frustrated because this computer stuff is slow moving for me. And I know I'm not going to make a tremendous amount of money, but I'm really enjoying it. My Bob, though, is going to start to get impatient with me because I know I'm sort of ignoring other things. Don't you just wish that you could do your thing all day with no one bothering you? Not going to happen! That's why I stay up late at night. Bob not happy about that either.

I've also started knitting another Market Bag with a thicker wool yarn for fall/winter. I'm thinking of making it into a knit project carry bag. You know, to carry your yarn, needles, etc. I will put a fabric pouch inside for small items so they don't fall through the holes. But I'm running out of yarn so I hope my yarn shop has more of it.

The brighter colors showing is the bottom. We'll see what I end up with. Sometimes it's not always what I start out with in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Your etsy shop is so pretty and your mini quilts are both just beautiful! Yes, I know what you mean, that's why I am still up and it's almost 1 AM! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my budget would allow me to buy all your miniatures... I absolutely love them! The quality is tops.

    ReplyDelete