Thursday, August 6, 2009

Creating My Little Heart Out!

Another apron and a knitted bag. I've been busy and having fun. Although it's been taking time from my blogging. It's just so hard to do everything. I started this hostess apron before we left on our trip to Spokane and didn't have that much more to do on it when we got back last Monday. There are some projects that I just become obsessed about when I start them and this was one of them. It was a lot of fun. I thought it would be cute to wear while preparing a girl friend's luncheon or afternoon tea. Now if I only had time to do either of those.

Here's a close-up to show the lace and button on the pockets.

I bought this yarn before I left for Spokane and wanted something to knit that would be rather simple knitting that I could do while riding for 36 hours in a U-Haul. So I decided on a Market Bag that I found a pattern for.
The plain lavender was used for the bottom and trim around the top. This was a great travelling project.

But, this bag stretches, especially after putting stuff in it, and I didn't allow for that. I was just enjoying the knitting and just kept going, so it got a little longer than I really wanted. This bag is great for carrying knitting projects, groceries, beach or pool bag, overnight bag, use your imagination. Because of the large open knit you can't put anything too small in it, so I sewed a small fabric pouch that I attached to the top of the inside to put any small items in. It actually shows prettier and brighter in person than in the picture. I can't wait to make another one that's not quite as large.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the lace with the stripes! We do have similar tastes. Also love the colors in the market bag.

    If I even get caught up on some of my other indoor projects, I'll have to dig out my knitting needles and crochet hooks. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apron and that knitted back is fantastic! You chose such pretty colors for it! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron is cute but I absolutely love that market bag. The color would be perfect for fall. Love it!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete